Roasting vegetables is incredibly simple. It brings out the wonderful sweet flavor of vegetables. As long as you know the basic how-to, you may roast any vegetable you like.
Basic roasting rules:
- Start off by pre-heating an oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a cooking sheet (Since the vegetables will be going in a hot oven for an extended period of time, make sure they are oiled up nicely or the sheet is greased so they will not stick.)
- Slice vegetables
- Toss sliced vegetables in extra-virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder over vegetables, mix together
- Spread out vegetables on sheet to a single, even layer
- Cook in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes-1 hour.