Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, and often times, it’s the meal that I eat the most at. I try to eat a larger breakfast and taper down the portion sizes as the day goes on. I have found this not only helps maintain my energy level and blood sugar level, but also my weight.
You should always make the time to whip up breakfast in the morning. It’s not as time-consuming as people might think. No excuses – start your day off right with a healthy, gluten-free breakfast.
Here are some ideas to get you started …
A Roundup of 10 Gluten-Free Breakfast Ideas
1) Toast with sunflower seed spread and sprinkled with Spectrum Naturals Decadent Coco-Chia-Flax Mix (found at Whole Foods, Sprouts), served with fruit (pictured above, great snack also)!
2) Banana Silver Dollar Coconut Pancakes from The Spunky Coconut ~ Loving these grain-free pancakes, highlighting banana and coconut!
3) Fresh Berry and Basil Crumble from The Healthy Apple ~ A refreshing take on a regular baked crumble. This recipe features tons of fresh fruit!
4) 1 Minute Blueberry Citrus Shake from Family Fresh Cooking ~ A super easy morning or afternoon shake, made with simple ingredients.
5) Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal from Family Fresh Cooking ~ Use gluten-free oats with this recipe, super flavorful!
6) Peanut Butter Banana Quinoa Granola from Queen of Quinoa ~ A unique take on regular granola, this one is packed with nutrients!
7) Melted Leek and Red Pepper Quiche from Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free ~ I love quiches of any kind! They are great for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
8) Kale, Sausage and Quinoa Scramble from With Style and Grace ~ You had me at Kale … (I’m a huge kale fan).
9) Paleo Breakfast Bars from Elana’s Pantry ~ Perfect for a snack on the go!
10) Gluten-Free Buckwheat Crepes from The Gluten-Free Girl and Chef ~ Buckwheat is such a wonderful gluten-free ingredient and it works great in this crepe recipe.
What do you like to eat for breakfast? Share with us in the comment section.
News: Locate Special Diet now has a great Pinterest board … filled with tons of recipe inspiration such as: gluten-free, vegan, paleo, dairy-free and more! Check it out here.
We have a MOBILE APP! Enjoy dining out? Download the Locate Special Diet mobile app for iPhone and Android and let us help you find gluten-free food and drink options (vegetarian and organic available also). (Demo)