Holy moly. This post is epic.
Only a few more days until ACL and I could not be more excited. This will be my eighth year and I’m looking forward to creating new memories with friends; while enjoying some live music and adult beverages. Every year I write a blog post on the gluten-free food options at the ACL Eats food court. There are plenty of options this year (many not listed on their website), but first I want to talk to you about something a-m-a-z-i-n-g.
This giveaway has officially closed. Thank you to everyone who entered and thank you to KIND Snacks for sponsoring this giveaway. To view the GLUTEN-FREE Food options at ACL 2012, please scroll down.
KIND Healthy Snacks has graciously offered the following prize pack for 1 lucky reader…
* A pair of THREE day ACL passes
* KIND Snack Pack full of goodies that include their grains (granola) and bars in a variety of flavors
Yes, KIND Healthy Snacks is awesome.
As most of you know, I normally don’t write product reviews very often. The only time I ever do is when I find a product and company that I truly believe in. Before KIND contacted me, I had actually heard of their snacks and have been enjoying them for years. I love the mission behind their company, and how they offer safe and healthy options for the gluten-free community (and those wanting to grab healthy snacks).
Couple things I love about KIND:
- Their ingredients include items that you can see and pronounce! Something that seems rare these days in the land of processed foods.
- Their products are healthy, low glycemic, convenient, and best of all… they taste damn good.
Now who wants to win a pair (TWO WRISTBANDS) of ACL THREE day passes and a KIND Snack Pack?
How to enter:
1) Leave a comment on this blog post and let me know what your favorite KIND product is (make sure to leave your e-mail address in the comment) Extra Entries: 2) Follow KIND Snacks on Twitter and leave a comment on this blog post letting me know you did (make sure to leave your email address in the comment) 3) Like KIND Snacks on Facebook and leave a comment on this blog post letting me know you did (make sure to leave your email address in the comment)
This giveaway is now closed! Giveaway ends October 11 at 8 p.m. CST. One winner will be chosen using Random.org. The winner will be alerted via e-mail and we will meet up with the winner, Friday October 12th AM to give them their prize pack. The winner must be available to meet before 10 a.m. CST, October 12 in Austin to pick up prize pack.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by KIND Snacks. Even though this is a sponsored post, it does not sway my opinion. I’m always honest and open with my audience and I only support the best of the best. KIND is one of those companies.
Gluten-Free Options at ACL Eats Food Court, 2012
- Gluten-Free Pizza
- Chicken and Andouille Jambalaya
- Spicy Fries
Children of Kettle Korn
- Small Kettle Korn
- Large Kettle Korn
- Watermelon Agua Fresca
- Blueberry Lemonade
- Cool Minte Mate
Fresh Squeezed Best Lemonade
- Lemon Lemonade
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Strawberry Limeade
GoodPop Frozen Pops
- Watermelon Agave
- Hibiscus Mint
- Coldbrew Coffee
- Pulled Puerco Pibil Sandwiches w/ Jicama Coleslaw & House Made Pickles (ask for the gluten-free bun, made by Udi’s)
- Vegetarian Arepas w/ Poblanos & Jicama Coleslaw
- Note: On the ACL website it says the chips are GF. These chips are fried in shared oil so do not eat due to cross contamination.
Luke’s Inside Out
- Watermelon (plain or with goat cheese)
- Texas Pink Cactus Lemonade
- Mexicane Cola
- Root Beer
- Ginger Brew
- French Fries
Second Bar and Kitchen
- Truffled Pomme Frittes
Sweet Leaf Tea
- Original Sweet Tea
- Mint and Honey Green Tea
- Peach Iced Tea
- Raspberry Iced Tea
- Citrus Green Tea
- Lemon Iced Tea
Tim Love’s The Woodshed Smokehouse
- Rabbit and Rattlesnake Sausage w/ House Mustard & Pickles
- Elk and Beehive Sausage 1/4lb w/ House Mustard & Pickles
- Curried Lentil Salad with Diced Veggies and Coconut Cilantro Salad
- Peanut Butter Hummus with Fresh Veggie Chips
- Rice Noodle Salad with Sesame Seeds and a Rice Vinegar Dressing
- Ice Cream: Sweet Potato Marshmallow, Southern Belle Candied Peach and Pecan, Strawberry Mojito Sorbet, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, Choco Vivo Salted Chocolate
- Cookie: GF Coconut Almond
The Gardener’s Feast
- Pork Tomatillo, Chicken Mole
- Poblano and Muenster Cheese, Black Beans and Goat Cheese
- Spinach and Caramelized Onions, Mushrooms, Onions and Epazote
Lamba’s Royal Indian Food
- Mixed Vegetable Pakoras
Pate Letelier and Source
- The Source Salad
The Seedling Truck
- Side of Butternut and Bacon Soup
- They normally have various gluten-free snack bars and emergenC
Note: As always, please be aware of cross-contamination and please make educated choices.
- Salt Lick (Rib Boat): Their sauce is gluten-free at their restaurants and spice rub. Double check with staff.
- Mighty Cone (Venison Wrap without the wrap): For the past couple years you have been able to get the Venison Wrap without the wrap. Double check with staff.
- Wahoo’s (Chicken Tacos): For the past couple of years, Wahoo’s has offered corn tortillas to go with their chicken tacos. Double check with staff.
- PTerry’s (Bunless Burger): For the past few years, PTerry’s would offer bunless burgers. Double check with staff.
If you are visiting Austin and looking for gluten-free food options in our area, make sure and download the mobile app called Locate Special Diet (available on iPhone and Android).
And one more thing Thank you to those who pointed out my cartoon girl at the top looking funny. She does indeed look like an alien and this will be fixed soon!