It’s already that time of the year… ACL 2011. The gluten-free friendly food options have grown this year. I thought we had it good last year, but this year is great! As always, please be aware of cross contamination. The food and drink companies listed below work in close quarters at the ACL Eats Food Court. Be conscious of your food choices, because there is a risk of cross contamination. Other than that, have fun and I’ll see y’all out there! Also, I should note that if you have Celiac Disease, ask your doctor for a doctor’s note. A doctor’s note stating you have Celiac Disease allows you to bring in your own food. Or be a rebel and sneak in your own food. Do it.
Gluten-Free Friendly Food Options at ACL 2011
Fresh Squeezed Best Lemonade (double check with staff, there was not a confirmation):
- Lemon Lemonade
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Strawberry Limeade
- Grilled Andouille Sausage on a Stick, served with Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Crispy Fried Artichoke Hearts (request to be made without the batter, this may cause a short wait)
- Fresh Coconut Water
- The Local Chill
- Lemon Lime Love
- Cool Hand Cuke
- Wild Mushroom and Tenderloin Skewers
- Chili Parmesan Chips
- Kick Ass Nachos
- Texas Cactus Lemonade
- Root Beer
- Mexican Cola
- Ginger Brew
- They will have ample supplies of corn tortillas at the festival and will be able to make any taco gluten-free if requested (this may cause a short wait).
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Banana Peppers wrapped in Bacon
- Corn Salad with Soft Egg and Roasted Peppers (ask for no breadcrumbs)
- Sweet Whiskey Glazed Chicken Wings
- Homemade Potato Salad
- Bun-less burger
- Their menu is not listed on the ACL Eats Food Court, and they have not gotten back to us to see what items they will be serving. At the actual Salt Lick restaurant, all their meats (seasoning and sauce) are gluten-free, as well as their potato salad and coleslaw.
- All flavors
- Wild Game Sausage, no wrap
- Green Chile Pork Taco (no tortilla)
- Blackened Fish or Chicken Tacos
- Chicken Nachos
- Kettle Corn Popcorn
- We have not heard back from Hope Farmer’s Market as to what vendors will be serving this year. Please see last year’s guide as an example, but double check with individual vendors before ordering.
- Various gluten-free protein bars (KIND, Larabar), EmergenC
Keep checking back for updates!
Photo Credit: ACL Festival