It feels good to be back…to blogging, back in my own kitchen, and back to life in Austin (minus this ridiculous heat). Over the past month I have been in Jackson Hole, Wyoming on our yearly summer vacation. I rode my bike to Teton Village almost every day, hiked in Grand Teton National Park, stuffed my face with gluten-free goodness from Lotus Cafe and The Kitchen, and just relaxed. It was just what I needed.
It has been a wild summer. I just finished writing my thesis (I got an A!) and am currently preparing for my cumulative final for my Master’s program. If I pass my exam in October, then I will graduate with my Master’s of Science in Human Nutrition degree. That’s fun to say…I’m a Master of Science. These days I feel more like a master of multi-tasking. I’ve become this insane list person that has to write down everything, and keep multiple lists going to get things done. The good thing is, things are getting done and they are getting done on time. We are getting closer and closer to the announcement/launch of our business, which should be sometime this fall (fingers and toes crossed).
In the mean time, enjoy this simple recipe. It’s great for dinner with a side of roasted asparagus, or as a delicate salad for lunch. It literally takes 5 minutes or less to throw together. Stay tuned for some more recipes. I’m back in the kitchen and cooking up a storm.
Lemon Pepper Chicken
- 1 pound chicken breasts, 4 small
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, sprinkled on all the chicken breasts, one side (not 1/4 tsp per chicken breast)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, same as above
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper, same as above
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, same as above
- salt, sprinkle on both sides
- zest of 1 small lemon sprinkled throughout chicken breasts
- juice of 1 small lemon
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling