This recipe is a fall favorite of mine. The baked apples and sage fill up the house with a warm, delightful smell. Hope you enjoy!
- Chicken Breasts, I used two large chicken breasts
- 2-3 Gala apples, sliced in thin slices
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Ground sage, you will use a pinch
- Salt and pepper
- Cinnamon, pinch
- Garlic powder, 1/2 tablespoon
- Poultry seasoning, 1 tablespoon
- Onion powder, 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice, just enough to squeeze over apples
- Corn starch, 1 tablespoon
- Chicken stock, 1 cup
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice apples in thin slices, pour lemon juice on apples, set aside
- In a small cup, combine chicken stock (room temperature) and 1 tablespoon corn starch, stir
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and poultry seasoning
- Sear chicken breasts in olive oil (any oil) , in skillet at medium-high heat
- After 5 minutes of searing on both sides, add balsamic vinegar to pan to de-glaze, scrape up all the good, brown bits at bottom of pan.
- Pour in chicken stock/corn starch mix, and place apples around chicken
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sage on top of apples
- Place in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until chicken is done and apples are soft.
Seared chicken with balsamic vinegar
Now, add the delicious apples and bake!
I topped mine with roasted pumpkin seeds (tossed in olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper and roasted in a 375 degree oven for 5 minutes.)