Roasting vegetables is incredibly simple. It brings out the wonderful sweet flavor of vegetables. As long as you know the basic how-to, you may roast any vegetable you like.
Basic roasting rules:
- Start off by pre-heating an oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a cooking sheet (Since the vegetables will be going in a hot oven for an extended period of time, make sure they are oiled up nicely or the sheet is greased so they will not stick.)
- Slice vegetables
- Toss sliced vegetables in extra-virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder over vegetables, mix together
- Spread out vegetables on sheet to a single, even layer
- Cook in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes-1 hour.
Roasted Carrots and Onions with Honey-Balsamic Glaze
What you will need:
- Extra virgin olive oil, for tossing vegetables
- Salt and pepper
- Balsamic Vinegar, 2 tablespoons
- Parsley, minced
- Honey, 1 tablespoon
- Lemon zest, of one whole lemon
- Garlic powder, 1/2 tablespoon
- 1 Red onion, sliced
Pour all of the ingredients into a cup and mix thoroughly, pour over sliced vegetables on baking sheet.