A couple nights ago I was craving a big, juicy hamburger. Of course, the craving hit at 5:30 pm, right in the midst of traffic. I didn’t feel like cooking, and my next option was Terra Burger (they offer gluten-free buns) but they were too far away. After much contemplation (and laziness), I decided to make Turkey Burgers with my favorite, oven-roasted french fries.
What you will need for the burger patties:
- 1 lb. ground turkey (or beef, pork, chicken)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C parmesan cheese
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander
- Salt and pepper
What you will need for the fries:
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Slice potatoes into french-fry strips (about 10 slices per potato)
- Season potatoes with oil, salt and pepper, garlic powder
- Place potatoes in oven for 1 hour or until they have reached desired level of crispness
- While the potatoes are cooking, get a large mixing bowl and put all ingredients for burgers into bowl
- Mix meat, spices and vegetable and score the meat into 4 sections
- Pre-heat cast iron skillet to medium high
- Place oil in skillet, sear the hamburger patties on both sides
- Place in oven to finish cooking through, about 20 minutes.
I topped my burger patty with some freshly sliced goat cheddar, holy YUM!
For more information on Terra Burger: